visit musarch.com
portions Copyright © 2011 by the Museum Archive software project ·  All Rights reserved ·  E-Mail: support@musarch.com
Home   |   By Name   |   By Keyword   |   By Category     
Chudnow Museum
Chudnow Museum
Wernet's Dentu - Creme
  1. Details
  2. Images
  3. Conditions
  4. Events
  5. Provenance
  6. Notes

Details

Object ID 004039

Object Name Wernet's Dentu - Creme

Object Desc 4.2 oz tube full tube of Wernet's dentu - creme for cleaning dentures. Tube is white with red accents and black cap.

Collection General Collection

Accession # CMY004027

Alternate ID

General Category History

Category Personal Care

Source

Source Category Found In Collection

Accession Date JAN 1,1991

Credit/Acknowledgement

Location Room 9, Shelf 18

Object Date 1960 - 1970's

Start Year Range

End Year Range

Status On-Site Collection Storage

Object Keywords dentu-creme,Wernet's,Block Drug Co. Inc.,oral hygiene,


Title Wernet's Dentu - Creme

Description 4.2 oz. full tube of Wernet's Dentu- Creme toothpaste for cleaning dentures. Tube is white with red accents and has some molding near black screw on cap. Front label is printed in blue ink "Wernet's Dentu - Creme / Tooth Paste for Cleaning Dentures Net. Wt. 4.2 oz." On back label are directions for usage.

Collector

Approx Collection Date

Height 0

Length 6.75

Width 0

Depth 0

Diameter 0

Circumference 3.75

Weight 0

Unit of Measure Inches/ounces

Dimension Details

Quantity 1

Material

Site

Site Details

Place of Origin

Maker Wernet Divison Block Drug Co., Inc.

Maker Details Block Drug Company was a pharmaceutical company based in Jersey City, New Jersey, United States, that specialized in dental care products. The company was founded in 1907 by Alexander Block, a Russian immigrant who had a small drugstore on Fulton Street in Brooklyn, New York. He turned the company into a wholesaler in 1915 and then became a drug manufacturer in 1925, acquiring a 50 percent interest in Wernet's Dental Manufacturing Company. Alexander Block developed the Polident brand during the 1930s. The last major new product the company introduced was Tegrin, in 1964. Company closed in 2001.

Maker Mark

Images

(click for full image)

Image Caption CMY4027

Description

Conditions

Date MAR 13,2016

Summary Good Condition

Assessor Nicole Burdick

Notes Item is in good condition besides molding near cap and some discoloration.


Events

Provenance

Notes