visit musarch.com
portions Copyright © 2011 by the Museum Archive software project ·  All Rights reserved ·  E-Mail: support@musarch.com
Home   |   By Name   |   By Keyword   |   By Category     
Chudnow Museum
Chudnow Museum
Pine Hills Coffee tin
  1. Details
  2. Images
  3. Conditions
  4. Events
  5. Provenance
  6. Notes

Details

Object ID 003399

Object Name Pine Hills Coffee tin

Object Desc Cylinder coffee tin with lid (A) and base (B)

Collection General Collection

Accession # CMY003036a-b

Alternate ID

General Category History

Category Coffee/Tea

Source

Source Category Found In Collection

Accession Date JAN 1,1991

Credit/Acknowledgement

Location Room 1, Closet, Floor

Object Date

Start Year Range

End Year Range

Status On-Site Collection Storage

Object Keywords coffee,tins,Pine Hills Coffee,Schultz Brothers Distributors,


Title Pine Hills Coffee tin

Description Round coffee tin with lid (A): Medium Grind is embossed on top, there is also a small notch in the center; base (B): has a picture of a red cup of coffee with suacer, one lb. net weight, Pine Hills Brand coffee and Schultz Brothers Distributors Company Sheboygan Wis, also includes directions for use (How to make good coffee) and a pine forrest graphic on the back, bottom has T1D embossed

Collector

Approx Collection Date

Height 0

Length 0

Width 0

Depth 0

Diameter 5.5

Circumference 0

Weight 0

Unit of Measure Inches/ounces

Dimension Details

Quantity 1

Material

Site

Site Details

Place of Origin

Maker Schultz Brothers Distributors, Sheboygan

Maker Details Formed in 1911, when three brothers in Wisconsin teamed up to become a wholesale grocery distributorship. The brothers, Herman, Arthur, and Oscar Schultz, first called their new enterprise 'The Schultz Brothers Company,' but soon changed the name to the more descriptive 'Schultz Brothers Company Wholesale Grocers.' The brothers began by distributing nationally branded non-perishable products to local grocers. By 1928, they had developed their own brands--Schultz's Finest and Pine Hills--which they distributed along with the other, national brands. In 1946 the Schultzes expanded their wholesale operation to include fresh produce and frozen food products, adding a new building to their original facility to accommodate the expansion. Later teamed with Piggly-Wiggly and ran grocery stores in SE WI.

Maker Mark

Images

(click for full image)

Image Caption CMY3036A-B

Description

Conditions

Date JUN 4,2015

Summary Good

Assessor Megan Hindman

Notes Soem rust and dents


Events

Provenance

Notes