visit musarch.com
portions Copyright © 2011 by the Museum Archive software project ·  All Rights reserved ·  E-Mail: support@musarch.com
Home   |   By Name   |   By Keyword   |   By Category     
Chudnow Museum
Chudnow Museum
Brach's Chocolate Covered Cherries box
  1. Details
  2. Images
  3. Conditions
  4. Events
  5. Provenance
  6. Notes

Details

Object ID 003234

Object Name Brach's Chocolate Covered Cherries box

Object Desc Red and green cardboard candy box with lid (A) and base (B)

Collection General Collection

Accession # CMY002918a-b

Alternate ID

General Category History

Category Candy

Source

Source Category Found In Collection

Accession Date JAN 1,1991

Credit/Acknowledgement

Location On-Site Storage

Object Date

Start Year Range

End Year Range

Status On-Site Collection Storage

Object Keywords Brach's,Morningside,chocolate,candy,boxes,


Title Brach's Chocolate Covered Cherries box

Description Green and red cardboard candy wbox with lid (A): cherry design all over, top says" Brach's Morningside Modified Chocolate Covered Cherries in Fondant with weigh nd copmany info, 2 sides say Brach's and 2 sides have same inof as top plus ingredient list

Collector

Approx Collection Date

Height 2.5

Length 7

Width 4.5

Depth 0

Diameter 0

Circumference 0

Weight 0

Unit of Measure Inches/ounces

Dimension Details

Quantity 1

Material

Site

Site Details

Place of Origin

Maker E.J Brach & Sons Chicago

Maker Details n 1904, Emil J. Brach opened his “Palace of Sweets” at North Avenue and Towne Street in Chicago. The output of this candy factory grew quickly, producing more than 25 tons a week by 1911 and 1,000 tons a week by 1918. In 1922, the company built a large new plant on the city's West Side; this facility, the largest candy factory in the United States, soon employed hundreds of men and women. In 1986 it was purchased by Jacobs Suchard, a Swiss company. By the end of the 1980s, Brach was still the clear leader in the bulk candy market, and the company's 3,500 workers made it the leading employer on the city's West Side. But Brach performed poorly under Suchard, which cut jobs and moved the executive offices to suburban Oakbrook Terrace. In 1994, Brach merged with the Brock Candy Co., creating a new company called Brach & Brock Confections Inc., based in Chattanooga, Tennessee. http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/2576.html

Maker Mark

Images

(click for full image)

Image Caption CMY2918a-b

Description

Conditions

Date APR 22,2015

Summary Excellent

Assessor Megan Hindman

Notes Very little wear


Events

Provenance

Notes