visit musarch.com
portions Copyright © 2011 by the Museum Archive software project ·  All Rights reserved ·  E-Mail: support@musarch.com
Home   |   By Name   |   By Keyword   |   By Category     
Chudnow Museum
Chudnow Museum
Lo Bello "The Beautiful" chocolates
  1. Details
  2. Images
  3. Conditions
  4. Events
  5. Provenance
  6. Notes

Details

Object ID 003221

Object Name Lo Bello "The Beautiful" chocolates

Object Desc A small rectangular box with the image of a blonde woman standing in front of a beach landscape on the front.

Collection General Collection

Accession # CMY002905a-b

Alternate ID

General Category History

Category Candy

Source

Source Category Found In Collection

Accession Date JAN 1,1991

Credit/Acknowledgement

Location Room 4, candy display

Object Date

Start Year Range

End Year Range

Status On-Site Collection Storage

Object Keywords candy,chocolates,Lo Bello,Bonita Company,boxes,


Title Lo Bello "The Beautiful" chocolates

Description The base, CMY2905A is white and the inner edges of the box have the paper lace. The very bottom has a list of the assortment of candy the package contains. The lid, CMY2905B, seems to hve been red at one time but is very faded. The sides are all empty except for the base which advertises "Lo Bello 'the beautiful' chocolates net weight one half pound The Bonita Company." The center panel has the image of a blonde woman with a beach in the background.

Collector

Approx Collection Date

Height 1.8

Length 2.8

Width 7.5

Depth 0

Diameter 0

Circumference 0

Weight 0

Unit of Measure Inches/ounces

Dimension Details

Quantity 1

Material

Site

Site Details

Place of Origin

Maker The bonita company

Maker Details Fond du lac, WI. The Bonita Candy Co. was first incorporated in Fond du Lac in 1905, according to an old 1928 city directory. At that time the company was owned and operated by John H. Holman, president; Oscar R. Kuehn, vice president; and Edgar B. Hutchins, secretary-treasurer. Bonita was originally the Boex-Holman Candy Co. of Green Bay, which moved to Fond du Lac in 1904. On Aug 15, 1953 the (George) Ziegler Candy Co. of Milwaukee purchased Bonita Candies and moved the business to its plant in Milwaukee.

Maker Mark

Images

(click for full image)

Image Caption CMY2905A-B

Description

Conditions

Date APR 15,2015

Summary Good

Assessor Carly Sass

Notes Edge wear and serious fading to the origional color of the box.


Events

Date APR 15,2015

Summary Location change

Notes Location changed to On-Site Storage from 3rd Floor Hallway - automatic entry by admin


Date MAY 6,2015

Summary Location change

Notes Location changed to Candy exhibit from On-Site Storage - automatic entry by admin


Date JUN 24,2015

Summary Status change

Notes Status changed to On Exhibit from On-Site Collection Storage - automatic entry by admin


Date SEP 27,2015

Summary Status change

Notes Status changed to On-Site Collection Storage from On Exhibit - automatic entry by admin


Date SEP 27,2015

Summary Location change

Notes Location changed to Room 4, candy display from Candy exhibit - automatic entry by admin


Provenance

Notes