Object ID 002842
Object Name Bunte Diana Filled Confections
Object Desc A rectangular red tin. There is a lid but it will not come off.
Collection General Collection
Accession # CMY002603
General Category History
Source Category Found In Collection
Accession Date JAN 1,1991
Location Room 4, Shelf 1
Start Year Range
End Year Range
Status On-Site Collection Storage
Object Keywords candy,chocolate,Bunte,confections,tins,
Title Bunte Diana Filled Confections
Description A red tin with the manufacturers name at the top. There is an image of a candy dish filled with an assortment of candies in the center. A list of ingredients are listed near the base of the object.
Approx Collection Date
Unit of Measure
Place of Origin
Maker Bunte brothers
Maker Details In 1876, Ferdinand Bunte, Gustav A. Bunte, and Charles A. Spoehr started a candy manufactory on State Street in Chicago. After a few years, Ferdinand's son Theodore W. Bunte took charge of the business. By the 1910s, when Bunte Bros. did annual sales of about $2.4 million, the company employed about 1,200 people. As late as the 1950s, it had over 1,000 workers in its Chicago plants. In 1954, Bunte Brothers Candy Co. was purchased by Chase Candy Co. of St. Joseph, Missouri, and a new firm, Bunte-Chase, was created. In 1961, the firm closed the Chicago plant, dropped the Bunte name, and returned to St. Joseph.
Date JAN 7,2015
Assessor Carly Sass
Notes Random scratches