Object ID 002262
Object Name Wadhams Bonded Motor Oil
Object Desc Yellow and green painted medal container with rounded edges, capped opening, and moving handle. Still contains liquid.
Collection General Collection
Accession # CMY001735
General Category History
Source Category Found In Collection
Accession Date JAN 1,1991
Location Garage Exhibit
Start Year Range
End Year Range
Status On Exhibit
Object Keywords automobile,car maintenance,motor oil,Wadhams Oil Company,oil,cans,
Title Wadhams Bonded Motor Oil
Description Yellow and Green metal motor oil container with rounded edges. top has handle and opening with cap screwed on. Front & back: "2 U.S. gallons, Wadhams bonded motor oil, Wadhams Oil Company, Milwaukee, Wisconsin" Side 1: Description of oil Side 2: "Bonded"
Approx Collection Date
Unit of Measure Inches/ounces
Dimension Details Height 12.00" when handle extended
Place of Origin
Maker Wadhams Oil Company
Maker Details Wadham's Oil and Grease Company of Milwaukee was a chain of filling and service stations based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the early 20th century. Their refinery was in Indiana. The company was headed by Harger W. Dodge who assumed leadership from his father-in-law in 1916. He saw the potential in offering a convenient way for automobile owners to fill their cars with gasoline. Dodge would build off-street filling stations with underground tanks for the gasoline, and electric pumps to dispense it. Wadham's was purchased by Vacuum Oil Company in 1930. Vacuum Oil was then acquired by Socony, which later became Mobil.
Date MAY 22,2014
Assessor Dylan Kite
Notes Dents, chipped paint, smudges, and grime accumulation present.