visit musarch.com
portions Copyright © 2011 by the Museum Archive software project ·  All Rights reserved ·  E-Mail: support@musarch.com
Home   |   By Name   |   By Keyword   |   By Category     
Chudnow Museum
Chudnow Museum
Charm Soda Crackers
  1. Details
  2. Images
  3. Conditions
  4. Events
  5. Provenance
  6. Notes

Details

Object ID 002039

Object Name Charm Soda Crackers

Object Desc Small cardboard box with red labels. The Cardboard box once contained Charm soda crackers, manufactured by Robert A. Johnston Co. Milwaukee.

Collection General Collection

Accession # CMY001579

Alternate ID

General Category History

Category Food Containers

Source

Source Category Found In Collection

Accession Date JAN 1,1991

Credit/Acknowledgement

Location H. Grafman Grocery Exhibit

Object Date

Start Year Range

End Year Range

Status On Exhibit

Object Keywords boxes,soda crackers,Robert A. Johnston Co.,crackers,food,Charm brand,


Title Charm Soda Crakckers

Description Small cardboard box with red labels. The Cardboard box once contained Charm soda crackers, manufactured by Robert A. Johnston Co. Milwaukee.

Collector

Approx Collection Date

Height 6.5

Length 8.5

Width 0

Depth 5.5

Diameter 0

Circumference 29.5

Weight 0

Unit of Measure Inches/ounces

Dimension Details

Quantity 1

Material

Site

Site Details

Place of Origin

Maker Robert A. Johnston Co. Milwaukee

Maker Details businessman, bakery executive, b. Beaufort, S.C. He moved to Milwaukee with his parents in 1847. He attended St. Gall's parochial school in Milwaukee, and began his business career in 1864 in the bakery established by his father. In 1889 the enterprise was incorporated as Johnston Brothers Co., with Robert A. Johnston serving as president (1889-1890). In 1890 the firm was acquired by the American Biscuit and Manufacturing Co., with Johnston as local manager. When the organization was acquired by the National Biscuit Co. in 1898, Johnston withdrew from the enterprise and in 1899 organized the Robert A. Johnston Co., serving as its president (1899-1907). An active philanthropist, his major donations were given to Marquette Univ. J. G. Gregory, Hist. of Milwaukee (4 vols., Chicago, 1931); R. N. Hamilton, Story of Marquette Univ. (Milwaukee, 1953); Milwaukee Journal, Aug. 16, 1907.

Maker Mark

Images

(click for full image)

Image Caption CMY1579

Description

Conditions

Date APR 27,2014

Summary excellent

Assessor Dulce Ramos

Notes


Events

Date APR 27,2014

Summary Location change

Notes Location changed to Hallway Shelf 2 from Piano exhibit - automatic entry by admin


Date APR 27,2014

Summary Location change

Notes Location changed to H. Grafman Grocery Exhibit from Hallway Shelf 2 - automatic entry by admin


Provenance

Notes