visit musarch.com
portions Copyright © 2011 by the Museum Archive software project ·  All Rights reserved ·  E-Mail: support@musarch.com
Home   |   By Name   |   By Keyword   |   By Category     
Chudnow Museum
Chudnow Museum
Duck Soup advertisement
  1. Details
  2. Images
  3. Conditions
  4. Events
  5. Provenance
  6. Notes

Details

Object ID 001877

Object Name Duck Soup advertisement

Object Desc Print advertisement in frame for a showing of Duck Soup at the Plymouth Congregational Church of Milwaukee, WI. Black and white with movie still at center.

Collection General Collection

Accession # CMY002043

Alternate ID

General Category History

Category Advertising/Promo

Source

Source Category Found In Collection

Accession Date JAN 1,1991

Credit/Acknowledgement

Location 3rd Floor Hallway South

Object Date

Start Year Range 1965

End Year Range 1982

Status On-Site Collection Storage

Object Keywords Marx Brothers,Duck Soup,film,posters,advertising,Plymouth Congregational Church,motion pictures,


Title Duck Soup advertisement

Description Print advertsiement on white textured paper. Framed with glass on front and cardboard backing attached with masking tape. At center of ad is photograph of a movie still with edging to make it look like film strip. At top is text "Marx / Bros. / in". Below photo is text "Duck Soup" At right of photo is text "7 30 / 9 00 / 10 30". At left of photo is text "Friday / May 21st". At bottom edge is text "Plymouth Congregational Church / 2717 E. Hampshire / 2 blocks E. of UWM .75c".

Collector

Approx Collection Date

Height 16.5

Length 0

Width 11.5

Depth 0.63

Diameter 0

Circumference 0

Weight 0

Unit of Measure Inches/ounces

Dimension Details

Quantity 0

Material

Site

Site Details

Place of Origin

Maker Plymouth Congregational Church

Maker Details Using the date (Friday, May 21), and the quality of the sign, the year could be 1965, 1971, 1976, 1982. The Plymouth Congregational Church exists today at 2717 E. Hampshire, but is named Plymouth Church. the building was designed by Alexander Eschweiler and was finished in 1913. In 1915, they added a gym, which classrooms were later build on top of. In 1940, there was an education wing added.

Maker Mark

Images

(click for full image)

Image Caption CMY2043

Description

Conditions

Date APR 1,2014

Summary poor

Assessor BN

Notes Masking tape at edges is loose, handle with caution. The frame is in fair condition with scratches and white marks on the surface. Small scratches on glass surface. Sign is in poor condition. Paper is dirty, stained and yellowed. At top left and right corners there is loss with brown stains. At right just above photo there is a brown stain. Gray and brown staining at lower right quadrant, possible mold. Paper has vertical crease at center. Overall paper is creased and wrinkled, small tears throughout paper. Loss in corners. Hole at right edge about 3.5" from lower corner. On bakc cardboard has area of loss at lower 1/2 of the paper layer. Accretions at lower 1/2 at center.


Events

Date APR 1,2014

Summary Location change

Notes Location changed to 3rd Floor Hallway South from Room 7, Shelf 2 - automatic entry by admin


Provenance

Notes