visit musarch.com
portions Copyright © 2011 by the Museum Archive software project ·  All Rights reserved ·  E-Mail: support@musarch.com
Home   |   By Name   |   By Keyword   |   By Category     
Chudnow Museum
Chudnow Museum
The Open Road for Boys magazine
  1. Details
  2. Images
  3. Conditions
  4. Events
  5. Provenance
  6. Notes

Details

Object ID 001416

Object Name The Open Road for Boys magazine

Object Desc The Open Road for Boys, a boys' magazine encouraging the outdoor life, was published from November 1919 to the 1950s.

Collection General Collection

Accession # CMY001188

Alternate ID

General Category Printed Material

Category Periodicals

Source

Source Category Found In Collection

Accession Date JAN 1,1991

Credit/Acknowledgement

Location Room 7, Shelf 12

Object Date Aug 1930

Start Year Range 1919

End Year Range 1950

Status On-Site Collection Storage

Object Keywords periodicals,outdoors,magazines,Open Road for Boys,boys' magazine,Torbell Co.,


Title The Open Road for Boys magazine

Sub-Title

Series

Edition Aug 1930

Description / Abstract This issue's featured story is titled "Half Pint of the Marines." This issue also features several other short stories and news from around the world about discoveries, the outdoors, sports, etc.

Physical Description 34 pages. Title in black text at the top of cover. Cover features a picture of a soldier/pilot firing a machine gun. An airplane is in the background. The title of the featured story is printed in black text at the foot of the cover. The back cover advertises a $2 basketball court set, with a mail in voucher to purchase the set at the bottom. 8.5'' x 11.5''

Author Multiple Authors

Author Details

LCCN

ISBN

ISSN

Language

Publisher Torbell Company

Publisher Details Clayton Holt Ernst was editor-in-chief of The Open Road. It was originally published by The Torbell Company, 248 Boylston St. in Boston, Massachusetts. The founding officers were Ormond E. Loomis, President, Clayton H. Ernst, Vice-President, and Wm. C. Blackett, Treasurer. They derived the company name from the initials of the magazine and their own last names: T[he]O[pen]R[oad]B[lackett]E[rnst]L[oomis]L[td]. Changed name to Open Road Publishing later on.

Spine / Label

Images

(click for full image)

Image Caption CMY001188

Description

Conditions

Date FEB 6,2014

Summary Poor

Assessor Ben Locke

Notes Front and back covers are no longer attached to the body of pages. Edgewear and folded corners on covers and pages. Multiple creases on both covers.


Events

Date JUN 20,2014

Summary Location change

Notes Location changed to Room 1, Shelf 20 from Room 1, Shelf 18 - automatic entry by admin


Date JUN 20,2014

Summary Location change

Notes Location changed to Room 7, Shelf 12 from Room 1, Shelf 20 - automatic entry by admin


Provenance

Notes