visit musarch.com
portions Copyright © 2011 by the Museum Archive software project ·  All Rights reserved ·  E-Mail: support@musarch.com
Home   |   By Name   |   By Keyword   |   By Category     
Chudnow Museum
Chudnow Museum
Playskool Military Tank
  1. Details
  2. Images
  3. Conditions
  4. Events
  5. Provenance
  6. Notes

Details

Object ID 000990

Object Name Playskool Military Tank

Object Desc Green wooden military toy tank with red wheels, made by Playskool USA.

Collection General Collection

Accession # CMY000870

Alternate ID

General Category History

Category Toys

Source

Source Category Found In Collection

Accession Date JAN 1,1991

Credit/Acknowledgement

Location Hallway Shelf 1

Object Date

Start Year Range

End Year Range

Status On-Site Collection Storage

Object Keywords tanks,Playskool,toys,toys, wood,toy weapons,military,


Title Playskool Military Tank

Description Green wooden military tank. Yellow wooden knobs on front and back of tank. Two green wooden circles on top of tank with two yellow long wooden things sticking out of it. "Playskool U.S.A." is written on tank with two guns crossing each other. Three sets of red wooden wheels and two wooden wheels separately on the bottom of tank.

Collector

Approx Collection Date

Height 5.5

Length 4.5

Width 9.5

Depth 0

Diameter 0

Circumference 0

Weight 0

Unit of Measure Inches/ounces

Dimension Details

Quantity 1

Material

Site

Site Details

Place of Origin

Maker Playskool

Maker Details The Playskool Institute was established by Lucille King in 1901 as a division of the John Schroeder Lumber Company in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. King, an employee at the company, developed wooden toys to use as teaching aids for children in the classroom. In 1935, the Playskool Institute became a division of Thorncraft, Inc., and established offices in Chicago, Illinois. In 1938, Playskool was purchased by the Joseph Lumber Company, where Manuel Fink was placed in charge of operations. In 1940, Fink, along with Robert Meythaler, bought Playskool and established the Playskool Manufacturing Company. In 1943, Playskool bought the J.L. Wright Company, the manufacturer of Lincoln Logs. In 1958, Playskool merged with Holgate Toys, Inc., a wood product manufacturer based in Kane, Pennsylvania, and in 1962, they purchased the Halsam Company, a producer of wooden blocks, checkers, dominoes, and construction sets. In 1968, Playskool became a subsidiary of Milton Bradley.

Maker Mark

Images

(click for full image)

Image Caption CMY870

Description

Conditions

Date OCT 3,2013

Summary Fair

Assessor Rachel Baker

Notes There are two wheels missing and the wood is scratched.


Events

Date OCT 3,2013

Summary Status change

Notes Status changed to On-Site Collection Storage from On-Site Collection Storage - automatic entry by admin


Date OCT 3,2013

Summary Location change

Notes Location changed to Cabinet 1 from Cabinet 1 - automatic entry by admin


Date JAN 7,2014

Summary Location change

Notes Location changed to Room 1, Shelf 7 from Cabinet 1 - automatic entry by admin


Date JUN 8,2014

Summary Location change

Notes Location changed to Hallway Shelf 1 from Room 1, Shelf 7 - automatic entry by admin


Provenance

Notes